美联英语提供:剑桥雅思英语听力_英语听力剑桥雅思听力材料2
关于关于英语那些你不知道的事都在这里
http://m.meten.com/test/quwen.aspx?tid=16-73675-0 剑桥雅思英语听力篇2
OK, that was something about the collections, and now here's some more practical information,in case you need it.
上面说的都是关于藏品的一些信息,现在以防你们需要,我再说一些更实用的。 Most of the museum facilities are downstairs, in the basement, so you go down the stairs here.
博物馆的大部分设施都在楼下地下室里,你们可以从这儿下楼。
When you reach the bottom of the stairs, you'll find yourself in a sitting area, 当你们走到楼梯尽头时,会发现自己置身于一个休息区域,
with comfortable chairs and sofas where you can have a rest before continuing yourexploration of the museum.
那里有舒服的椅子和沙发,你们继续探索博物馆之前可以在那儿休息一会儿
We have a very good restaurant, which serves excellent food all day, in a relaxing atmosphere.
我们这儿有个很好的餐馆,全天供应美味食物,气氛非常放松。
To reach it when you get to the bottom of the stairs, go straight ahead to the far side of thesitting area,
要去餐馆的话,请在到达楼梯尽头后,朝着休息区域反面直走,
then turn right into the corridor. You'll see the door of the restaurant facing you.
然后右转进走廊,餐馆的大门就在你们面前。
If you just want a snack, or if you'd like to eat somewhere with facilities for children, we alsohave a cafe.
如果你们只是想吃点零食,或者想去有供孩子玩乐的设施的地方吃饭,我们还有一个咖啡厅。
When you reach the bottom of the stairs you'll need to go straight ahead turn right into thecorridor and the cafe is immediately on the right.
去那儿的话只要走到楼梯尽头,然后直走,右转进入走廊,咖啡厅就在你们右手边。 And talking about children, there are baby-changing facilities downstairs: 说到孩子,楼下有可以给孩子换尿布的地方:
cross the sitting area continue straight ahead along the corridor on the left 穿过休息区域后继续沿着左边的走廊直走,
and you and your baby will find the facilities on the left-hand side. 你们和孩子在左边就能看见那些设施。
The cloakroom, where you should leave coats, umbrellas and any larger bags, is on the lefthand side of the sitting area.
衣帽间,就是你们要把外套、雨伞和所有大包寄存的地方,在休息区域的左边。 It's through the last door before you come to the corridor. 它在到达走廊之前的最后一道门后面。
There are toilets on every floor, but in the basement they're the first rooms on
the left whenyou get down there.
每一层都有卫生间,不过地下室的卫生间在下楼梯之后左边的第一间房。
OK, now if you've got anything to leave in the cloakroom, please do that now, and then we'llstart our tour.
好了,如果你们有什么需要放在衣帽间的,请现在去放,然后我们就要开始参观了。 剑桥雅思英语听力篇3
Good morning, and welcome to the museum — one with a remarkable range of exhibits,which I'm sure you'll enjoy.
上午好,欢迎来到博物馆。我们博物馆展品丰富,相信你们一定会享受这次参观的。 My name's Greg, and I'll tell you about the various collections as we go round. 我叫Greg,在参观的过程中我会给你们讲解不同的藏品。
But before we go, let me just give you a taste of what we have here. 不过在出发之前,我先简短地给你们介绍一下我们的藏品。
Well, for one thing, we have a fine collection of twentieth and twenty-first century paintings,many by very well-known artists.
首先,我们收藏了一批很棒的二十世纪和二十一世纪的画作,很多都是出自名家之手。 I'm sure you'll recognise several of the paintings. 我相信你们会认出其中几幅的。
This is the gallery that attracts the largest number of visitors, 这个画廊吸引的参观者人数最多,
so it's best to go in early in the day, before the crowds arrive. 所以大家最好早一点,赶在大批人群到来之前进去,
Then there are the nineteenth-century paintings. 然后,我们还有十九世纪的画作。
The museum was opened in the middle of that century, 博物馆是在十九世纪中期建成的,
and several of the artists each donated one work — to get the museum started, as it were.
好像为了筹建这座博物馆,几位画家每人捐赠了一幅作品。
So they're of special interest to us — we feel closer to them than to other works.
所以这些画作对我们来说有着特殊的意义,我们对它们比对其他作品感觉更加亲近。 The sculpture gallery has a number of fine exhibits, but I'm afraid it's currently closed forrefurbishment.
雕塑展厅有很多不错的展品,但是恐怕目前正在闭厅装修。 You'll need to come back next year to see it properly, 你们需要明年再过来才能好好地参观,
but a number of the sculptures have been moved to other parts of the museum.
不过那里的许多雕塑都已经被挪到了博物馆的其他区域。
' Around the world ' is a temporary exhibition — you've probably seen something about it onTV or in the newspapers.
Around the world是一个短期的展览,你们也许已经在电视上或者报纸上看到过相关的信息了。
It's created a great deal of interest, because it presents objects from every continent and manycountries,
很多人对这个展览都很感兴趣,因为它展示的是来自各个大洲很多国家的物品, and provides information about their social context- why they were made, who for, and so on.
并且介绍了这些物品的社会背景信息,比如它们被制造出来的原因,服务的对象等等。 Then there's the collection of coins. 接下来是我们的硬币收藏。
This is what you might call a focused, specialist collection, 你们也许会称它为一种专精的收藏,
because all the coins come from this country, and were produced between two thousand and athousand years ago.
因为所有的硬币都来自这个国家,而且都是在2000-1000年前制作的。
And many of them were discovered by ordinary people digging heir gardens and donated to themuseum!
它们中很多都是普通人在花园锄地的时候发现的,随后这些人就把硬币捐给了博物馆。 All our porcelain and glass was left to the museum by its founder when he died in 1878.
博物馆里所有的瓷器和玻璃制品都是其创始人在1878年去世的时候留下的。 And in the terms of his will, we're not allowed to add anything to that collection:
根据他的遗愿,我们不能在这批收藏中增加任何藏品,
he believed it was perfect in itself, and we don't see any reason to disagree! 因为他认为这批收藏本身已经是完美的了,我们对此也十分赞同。
因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容